The Visual Contract Builder (VCB) is an Eclipse-plugin. It requires an installation of Eclipse.
- Install Eclipse either version 3.7 (Indigo) or version 4.2 (Juno), or version 4.3 (Kepler).
- Launch Eclipse.
- If you are using Eclipse 4.3, skip to step 6.
- From the dialog "Help->Install new Software", select the Indigo (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo/) or the Juno (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno/) update site, depending on the Eclipse version you have installed. Under "Modeling", select the "Eclipse Modeling Discovery UI" plugin and install it.
- Restart Eclipse. Once restarted, select "Help->Install Modeling Components". In the dialog, check the "Graphical Modeling Framework Tooling" entry and click "Finish". Restart Eclipse once again.
- We can now install the VCL plugin. From the menu "Help", select the option "Install New Software".
- Copy the address http://vcl.gforge.uni.lu/update to the "Work with" text field, and press the "Add" button.
- Check the "VCL Visual Contract Builder" item from the newly added update site.
- Click the "Install..." button. In the installation wizard, confirm the installation and accept the license.
- You'll now be asked to restart Eclipse; please do so. Once Eclipse restarts, you may start using the VCB plugin.
If you have any font problems, please check the Unicode note given below. If you're new to VCL and VCB, you might want to take a look at the VCL tutorials.
If you have any problems installing or using the tool, please email us at 'vcl.uni.lu' at 'gmail.com'.
Note: Unicode Support
In order to create PDF files of diagrams, VCB requires support for certain Unicode symbols.
If you are using Windows, and mathematical characters show as empty squares in PDF versions of diagrams, please install the free DejaVu Sans font.